Sometimes your emotions can fluctuate throughout the day and make it difficult to focus on the positive. This can cause feelings of stress or anxiety to become more prominent. The health experts at Envolve, an integrated healthcare solutions company, are pleased to share tips to help you deal with your emotions and turn them into something positive.
1. Make Some Noise. Playing an instrument or listening to music can be a healthy way to express your emotions. Research shows that music is an effective means in managing feelings of stress and helps promote relaxation. Music is emotionally charged in its own right and finding comfort or release by listening to your favorite band or a sympathetic song can help you relax and come to terms with whatever emotion you are experiencing.
2. Get Crafty. Using your imagination is a fun and invigorating way to channel your emotions. The great thing about art is that there are endless amounts of ways to express yourself. You can paint, draw, use charcoal pencils, make pottery, or color a coloring book. There are even art projects that use everyday things that you have lying around the house such as tissue paper flowers or scrap paper origami figures. Art allows for increased self-awareness, engagement, learning of new skills or advancing current skills. Gather some unique art supplies to try something new, or simply break out the crayons and get to coloring!
3. Work It Out. Exercising allows you to channel your emotions into something productive – your physical health. Not to mention that because of the physical exertion, it can help you clear your mind. When you exercise your body produces endorphins that your brain interprets as positive feelings, improving your mood. Some exercises, like yoga or Tai Chi allow for both mind and body exercise to release stress and let go of negative emotions.
4. Write It Down. If you don’t feel like listening to music or getting crafty and you don’t feel like talking about your emotions out loud, writing might be for you. This is private time that you can spend creating a personal diary or blog to keep track of your experiences, thoughts, and feelings. Or take a more creative approach and write a short story based on your experiences. Whatever way you choose, sometimes getting it down on paper and reviewing what you have written is a good way to assess your feelings and help you decide how to handle them.
5. Pay It Forward. Regardless of what mood you’re in, good or bad, it always feels good to help someone else. Creating happiness in others inspires us to be happy and increases our wellbeing. A simple kind word or action can do a lot to brighten someone’s day. Send a nice note to a friend, pay someone a compliment, or pick up extra chores around the house – it doesn’t have to be grand gesture, even simple acts of kindness can brighten someone’s day.
About Envolve, Inc.®
Envolve, Inc.® is a family of health solutions, working together to make healthcare simpler, more effective and more accessible for everyone. As an agent for change in healthcare, Envolve is committed to transforming the health of the community, one person at a time. Envolve unifies specialty pharmacy, PBM, vision, dental,