Prescription OpiatesOctober 7, 2016
Life in the Carpool LaneOctober 7, 2016
Perhaps it’s your first time to think about going to prom. The thought can be a bit overwhelming. There are so many things to consider. The following are a few tips that might help make the process of prom a little easier.
- If you don’t ask, you’ll never know.
- This goes for girls, as well as boys. A prom date doesn’t have to be the love of your life. Ask a friend and have fun. If that person says no, then nothing is lost. Move on.
- Be real.
- You don’t need to go on a crash diet. If your date likes you enough to say yes, then they already liked you the way that you are.
- If you need to say no, do it nicely.
- Maybe you already have a date. Or maybe, you’re waiting for someone to ask you. If you turn someone down, keep in mind the nerve that it took that person to ask you. So, do it gently.
- Don’t raise the bar too high.
- Your expectations for prom night are the perfect evening. It’s okay to settle for just having a fun time. Don’t ruin the night by dwelling on things that go wrong.
- You play, you pay.
- People have a tendency to overspend when it comes to prom. Putting pressure on yourself or your parents for a dress or tux you can’t afford isn’t the right mindset. Stick to a budget. You don’t want your parents or yourself going into debt for a dance.
- It’s not your wedding or honeymoon.
- Pressure to have sex on prom night can be intense. Don’t be intimate with someone merely because it’s the “expected” thing to do. Talk to your date beforehand so that you’re on the same page.
- Think before you drink.
- Only bad things happen when judgement is impaired. Don’t get into a car with someone who has made the wrong choice.
- Drugs are for thugs.
- Do you want to look back and remember your prom in a good way? See No. 7.
- Know before you go.
- If you plan to go to an after-party, make sure you find out if it will be chaperoned. Give the host’s address and phone number to your parents and never go alone.
- Blame your parents.
- If you’re in a situation where the party is too wild, or someone is making wrong choices, it’s perfectly acceptable to use your parents as an excuse to leave. This is the one time they won’t mind being the bad guys.